I told you, you’d be back for more!
In this post we’re going to kick it up a notch and dive into making homemade pasta. I promise you won’t be disappointed and frankly, you may never be able to eat store bought ‘dry’ pasta again!
Please note: you will require a pasta machine to make this recipe.
Firstly, you’re going to need a few things
- 1 cup of ’00’ flour
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 tsp water
- 1 tsp of salt
Now we’re ready to go!
- Pour flour onto your kitchen table or bench
- Create a circular well
- Place oil and water in the centre of the well
- Crack each egg over the centre, throw away egg shells.
- Slowly mix all ingredients together, starting at the edges. Continue to do so until it starts to form a crumbly texture.
- Knead the pasta dough for 5 – 6 minutes or until it reaches an elastic consistency
- Cut pasta dough into three pieces
- Wrap two of the pieces in glad wrap and refrigerate
- Flatten first piece of dough to ½ cm in thickness
- Select the thickest setting on your pasta machine and slowly roll it through the flat section.
- Fold the pasta sheet in half length-wise and repeat
- Place the pasta in the fetuccini section and start to roll, ensure you place your hands underneath to catch the fettucinni.
- Repeat the above for the remaining two pieces of dough.
You’re done! You can now freeze your pasta, or if planning to eat within 3 days, place it in your fridge!
I hope you enjoy!